Friday, November 23, 2012

Future trend of eMarketing

I feel that personalized or one-to-one marketing will be the most important trend in the future. This individualized marketing method that utilizes customer information to build long-term, personalized, and profitable relationships with each customer will become prevalent form of marketing and will go beyond merchants’ web shops. Television and radio will also be used for personalized marketing communication process in which message is personalized, channel is direct, noise is not present and individual response is captured.

I imagine TV commercial greeting me by my name and offering goods which I (and my family members) need: “Hi, Adlet, we have an amazing offering for you! Be the first to buy a new extended edition of the best book ever “Six Immutable Laws of Mobile Business”. And I can put the desired goods in my cart by simply pushing a button on a remote control or recommend a good I like to my friends. At the same time I can restrict showing commercials of the goods which I do not like and do not want to buy: why in the world should I and my family watch an advertising of beer if we do not like and never buy it?

As to radio, I think I will listen to music on radio while driving a car on my way to office and it will be only the music I like. And I will listen to radio advertising which is relevant to me, not an advertising of beer.  

I admit that this idea may sound unrealistic now. But think who believed in the end of the 19th century when Alexander G. Bell introduced his invention that it would be possible to walk and talk by mobile phone? As a more extreme example we can call to memory Italian philosopher, mathematician and astronomer Giordano Bruno, a martyr of science, who was burned by Roman Inquisition for believing that Earth is spinning.  

Privacy issue, I believe, will be solved by tightening legislation and punishment for misusing of private information.

No comments: