Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Characteristics of superior value proposition.


Dear eMarketers, 

Please find below a link to short video which adds a little more to Harvard Business Review's article "Customer value propositions in business markets". Having read this article we learned what is a value proposition, why it is important, kinds of value proposition and how to use this powerful tool. 

Steve Rankel, Chief Strategist & VP Marketing Consulting at MaidPro Franchise Corp, claims that there are 4 important characteristics of winning value proposition. 

In my opinion all of the listed characteristics are worthwhile. However my previous experience tells me that the third one is especially valuable: value proposition should be in customer's language. How often in your life were you overwhelmed by technical details, lengthy product specifications which can be understood only by professionals, numerous terms, abbreviations and professional jargon words? I hope not as often as me. Sometimes the only thing I could say to a seller was: "It is all Greek to me. Why do not you say me the same thing by using simple words which a man in the street can understand?"         


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ5rgVgn5qk

No comments: