Sunday, October 7, 2012

The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled

Back in my country, Myanmar, SMS advertising has been popular recently. They use this method to reach out the potential customers for various kind of advertisements such as new restaurant openings, product launching and concert ticket selling, ect. I thought this method is effective because it can get to the specific customer in a minimal amount of time, cost and energy. Other factors of using SMS method include the usage of internet which is quite low there and emailing to customer isn't very popular yet. By using SMS method, every single message reaches to the customer whether they are interested or not. People may delete the advertising email without reading it, but they don't do like that in SMS. At least, they try to open before they know that it's an advertisement.

I heard the words " Value Propositions"  in eMarketing class for the first time and that surprised me because what the professor said is very much different from what we are practicing in my country. Before I heard this concept, I believed that if we could reach to more customers, the sale figures would go up. The perspectives of customers have never been counted and it is like blind shooting. From the first emarketing class, the fresh idea of how to make effective research on the customers' interest and value based on the given situation (of my country) popped up in my brain. Then, I came to the agreement of what the professor quoted " The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled".







No comments: