Saturday, November 7, 2009

How matured products obtain customer acquisiton?

Recently I am looking for digital camera, but it is too difficult to chose which one is the best, although I have some knowledge about digital products. I wonder how manufacturer which produce matured products such as digital camera maintain customer acquisition. Even if you check specification of the product on their home page, most of them seem to be same functions and there are a lot of jargon.
I think providing appropriate information which is not so specific for customers would be very significant; for example, current technical trend and focus point of the product in the trend. I believe the issue will be hint to concern about Obata brewery case. Therefore, I would like to continue to pursue how to improve customer acquisition.

1 comment:

Seiya said...

Yes, I agree with you. Especially Japanese maker's web-site or brochure are only to show advantages from their point of view. There are no comparison with competitors. Maybe Japanese is not good at showing strong competitive spirit. For me, Pepsi vs Coke and Win vs Mac are very interesting and easy to understand their idea and thinking, of course their target and advantages. I think easy to understand lead customers to the next step.