Thursday, October 14, 2010

Disconnect to Connect

This is not really directly related to this week topic. However, regarding general idea about this e-marketing class and today's globalization, technology plays a big role both in this e-marketing class and practical business life out there. Now take a seat and spend 1.30 mins to enjoy this clip, see what you think.




Some says technology make life easy and connect people together, and even make this world smaller. Are we really connected? Althought, these technology, internet, web, iPad, 3G, and etc are useful and cool stuff. In business terms, it helps reduce cost, bring more customers. Sometimes, it blind our eye, and we might wanna put all these down on the table and go back to basic, consider what really matters. I'm saying everything has pros and cons. For technology, you're using it or it's using you. What do u think?

4 comments:

Minn said...

What a lovely post, Champ. Thank you very much for your sharing. We need to consider about the fact you mentioned too. What if we consider, as the eMarketers, to create more short and effective message-giving advertisements or to create intelligent web 2.0 platform which can lead the info we need with some fraction of a second? I may be a dreamer. But I am sure my dream will come true one day. Thanks.
Minn

Champ said...

Your welcome Minn-san, if we can make people understand everything you want to deliver in no time, or if we can attract people awareness with only one word. It would be great!!

And I still confirm what I tried to deliver here that we're using web 2.0 as a tool, however, to make your dream comes true creativity is more important. Either you're using a super high technology to broadcast your msg, or you're using a low tech advertisement on free tissue paper, Creativity is always needed.

taj said...

3. Don't you just miss the old days. The pace of the day was slower, the seasons gave a rhythm to life, and everything was just so simple. As liberating as this might seem to some, I still believe that there are some major drawbacks. I really like my hot shower in the winter, and the cool one in the summer. With no technology I guess there would be no emarketing, and we wouldn't be posting on this blog discussing the good old days and how bad technology is. Thank you technology!!! But still, nothing is perfect. I just think that we should keep advancing without forgetting our past.

Champ said...

Well, I'm not saying tech is bad. I'm saying it's two sides of coin.
Good or bad depends on how you're using it.