Monday, November 17, 2008

Loyalty Marketing

I read from wikipedia regarding Loyalty marketing. It is an approach where company focuses on growing and retaining existing customers through incentives.

According to Fred Reichheld, who wrote the book The Loyalty Effect (1996), Loyalty Rules! (2001) there is a strong link between customer loyalty marketing and customer referral.I will look for this book later.

To the general public including me, many airline miles programs, hotel frequent guest programs, shopping reward point and credit card incentive programs are the most visible customer loyalty marketing programs.

In my home country there is customer loyalty program named RealReward, It’s an exciting program that rewards us with Real Points for simply shop at any of their participating merchants. We can then redeem these accumulated Real points for an incredible array of exciting rewards. These rewards are FREE for just doing your usual daily shopping. http://www.realrewards.com.my

I think our “Baiten” school shop should also come with this kind of customer loyalty program.

2 comments:

Saruul said...

I agree with that the traditional point and credit card incentive programs are the most visible customer loyalty programs. Mixing these traditional programs with web site personalization and customization can be more beneficial strategy to retain profitable customers.

pshanin said...

To add on to "Baiten" comment, I also think we should be able to "Customize" what are available in the stores, too. There is one round donut I really love, but it rarely comes to the shelf :(