Sunday, October 19, 2008

One way of Viral Marketing?

I think everybody has received forwarded mails. They may be for your personal dealing and also for other purposes. The second may be sometimes information for fashion, funny movies, events, sayings, tips for shopping, travelling and health care and so on. As for me, I read some interesting mails and passed along to others but rarely did. For those who are interested in others, they may response in different ways.

After I have read about viral marketing, I came to know that this can be a kind of marketing tool. In my country, there are a few organizations practicing viral marketing. One organization Distilled which website address is www.distilled.co.uk, did viral marketing campaign to get ideas and more fund by means of creating competition for his Price Per Click tools (PPT) and set criteria to include about Myanmar Cyclone. At that time, cyclone hit Myanmar was very severe and very famous around the world. So, Distilled knew it to be applied in its campaign with two objectives. The more people compete, the more idea and fund would get. I think people who were interested in it, definitely they would do. So, viral marketing can be in different forms and used for business and non-profit purpose.
Personally, I am pleased with Distilled.

No comments: