Monday, October 20, 2008

I already am a captive of a viral marketing?

I checked the definition of Viral Marketing through the Internet. To think about this kind of marketing resort, maybe the approach vary depend on target products.

In Japan, there are some kinds of viral marketing. I sometimes recieve viral e-mail, but I have usually ignored them because I feel the information is not so important. So far, I think viral marketing is not popular or not a successful way in Japan. However, I realized one notable example. The company is Mixi which provide SNS( Social Networking Sevice) such as facebook or MYSpace. Mixi surely is the most famous SNS, which attracts widespread popularity. One important feature of it is that new applicants can register only when be invited by exsisting users. For me, most impressive issue is this "introduction system" which means there are no suspicious users. Also, it encourages the awareness of human relationship( friends' friends could be my friends?). Nowadays, users can access this site through PC and mobile phones, and they enjoy daily communication by updating their own diaries, belonging to specific communities or finding friends.

Mixi is free in charge, most of its income are advertizing revenue. Therefore, increasing users does not affect their profit, but it transpired as No.1 SNS in Japan. (Now, over 10 million users and over 200 million access per day). In this way, this company has developed quickly.

Maybe, some guys in our class, don't know Mixi.
So, if you are interested, I can invite you. Am I already taken in by Mixi's viral marketing strategy? ;)
Anyway, I think this is one of viral marketing. You guys, how do you feel?
link: http://mixi.jp/

Thanx,

No comments: