Monday, October 20, 2008

detik.com - personal experience on viral marketing

Back to the time around 2001, I remembered when my friend told me about a very famous Indonesian news website that provides very (very) latest news, namely detik.com ("detik" means second). The website updates its content oftenly, even in term of seconds/minutes for breaking-through news. For example during the tsunami in Asia, the website updates the contents almost every minutes from its writers who wrote the news directly from the disaster areas.

Till now, due to of its fame, a lot of important advertising (ads) on its webpage, from an international to local events ads, or from a multinational to local company's ads. I got some useful information that relates to my interests from the website though.

Several times, I also told some other friends about the website when they asked me about good website on Indonesian news. It's just a good example of virtual marketing that I myself experienced on.

-rizki-

No comments: