Saturday, November 19, 2011

personalisation against privacy

I strongly feel personalising customer information is a right approach to getting loyal customers. With this you might indeed have a feel of your customer's shopping patterns depending on what approach you are using. However in some cases, with just Collaborative filtering alone you might assume the customer's preference thereby collecting invalid data.

I also feel that regardless of how exciting this personalization is, it is very important to maintain the privacy of your customers to ensure that they remain loyal towards your products, as violating with such sensitive information my lead to legal allegations and loss of your loyal customers which will definitely lead to business making big losses. I wouldn't want that for my business!!!!

No comments: