Thursday, October 27, 2011

Showing pinkle finger !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fj5CcYWPMI
This CM is very old one in 1980s. This company advertised quit smoking aids.

The initial 5 person said " I quited smorking thanks to this goods" with showing us it by their hand. But the last guy showed us his pinkle finger and said "I was forced to quit my company because of this( which means finger)". In Japan, showing pinkle finger means " I commited love affair(have a sexial relationship with women except wife!"

This CM became the viral all over Japan and this company made a huge profit. However PTA(parents and teacher association) protested against this company that this CM is very harmful for kids. In my case, at that time I was elementary school student, so I asked my parents the meaning of his action, but they didn't say that. This CM made a lot of aurgument about CM among us.

1 comment:

Niku said...

Hehe, thanks for sharing a childhood memory. YouTube can be very powerful in this sense: one get access to very old material.

As for 80's Japanese commercials, I really like this one for Kyusai Aojiru:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnw12o2KahM This CM is very simple but very funny and creative - it states the weakness of the product honestly!