Sunday, October 9, 2011

Create Your Most Value Proposition

After our first E-Markeing class under the theme of "Customer Value Proposition in Business Market", I did some further research on "Value Proposition". I found one video that I feel useful to my understanding about the value proposition and I hope that it will be useful for others as well.





This's all about being DIFFERENT and UNIQUE.
In the video, it's mention about Domino's Pizza and its value "fast delivery".
Although there are so many companies competing in the pizza industry, Domino's create its own unique and different point by targeted at those want their pizza in less than 30 minutes after they ordered. However, Domino's pizza may not taste as good as another company but getting the pizza fast, sometime is more important to the customer than the good taste!


Sarintorn Puangyoykeaw (Tarn)

1 comment:

alvin said...

Point/s I agree with: Delivery is very important in the fastfood business. If indeed Domino's delivery is quick, we can call this its Point of Difference (POD)---the attribute that makes it different from the rest of the field.

Point/s I disagree with: As a marketer, I think we cannot simply dismiss Domino's, or any product for that matter, to be inferior specially in a major quality category such as taste. The product must at least be at par with competitors (Point of Parity) otherwise, I dont think it has a sustainable advantage (or the advantage is cancelled off by a negative attribute) over competitors.

I think to effectively compete, products must continuously strive to gain Points of Parity and Points of Difference with competitors if it wants to have a fighting chance in the market.