Monday, December 1, 2008

Customer support

In eMarketing classes, we have learned how to make customers loyal. I understand the procedures of attracting, aquiring and maintain customers. I realy was interested in each companie's effort to provide better support to customers. After last class, I chatted with IKEA's Anna. She often answered correctly. Until this lecture, I did not care so much about after support.
When I think back my job, certainly customer support was one of the most difficult issue. Requests from them were quite various depends on his/her personality. Someone required quick response, someone did accuracy, or both of them! There were some nasty questions..
I know reducing manpower of customers support is important to expand company's profit. Actually, in the past, we tried to share solved Q&A with my team members, but it did not work enough. Microsoft became de facto standard; however, it is also famous for its useless customer support. I realize that to develop efficient customer support system is important to prevent this kinds of notoriety and to maintain customers.

Thanks,
Tom

1 comment:

Saruul said...

You can find another example of "sticky" customer support from here: http://www.thinkhost.com
I found it interesting, not annoying. The girl doesn't let you "go simply", she tries to hold you in a veerryy polite and interesting way. I stayed on the web site quite a long time, because I was really looking for a good WAP web hosting solution. And she answered almost all of my questions. :)